|Does Collection Master work on Mac?|
|Does Collection Master work on Windows XP?|
|I received the error "Cannot start main setup program! (Create Process() returned error code 0x000000C1H)" when installing Collection Master, what do I do?|
This symptom occurs after a previous installation attempt of the same application failed (for example, the computer stopped responding during setup), follow these steps:
For further information, go to Microsoft site.
- Click on Start from Windows status bar;
- Go to "Search | Files and Folders" and search for
"Collection Master.CAB." If found, delete the ".cab" file;
- Search for "vb6stkit.dll." If the file size is 0 bytes, delete the file;
- Search for "st6unst.exe." If the file size is 0 bytes, delete the file;
- Search for"setup1.exe." If the file size is 0 bytes, delete the file;
- Search for a folder called "msftqws.pdw" (if it exists, it should be in Windows\Temp). If found, delete the folder "msftqws.pdw;" and
- Install Collection Master
|I bought Collection Master version 1.0. How much does it cost to upgrade to version 1.3?|
|We offer 50% discount if version 1.0 is bought. So, the total for upgrade to version 1.3 would be $19.95 plus shipping for CD-ROM, or $19.95 for download.|
|What database Collection Master is using?|
|Collection Master uses XML as database engine.|
|Does the software provide the images of each piece in the LuRay collection?|
|Collection Master does not come with any collection specific data or images. You need to enter your own collection data or images.|
|How many individual items will Collection Master inventory?|
|In Collection Master, individual items are grouped into collections. Each collection can store several thousands of items. But, it may getting slow when the program launches.
However, there is no limit on number of collections you can have. So, the best configuration is to spread out your entire collection into smaller collections. The best configuration is to have each collection smaller than 1,000 items.|
|How big is the description field?|
|The description field is limited to 1,000 characters.|
|How can I back-up the stored information filed in the program, in the event of computer failure?|
|Collection Master 1.0 does not provide backup and restore features. You have to manually backup your files.
You can follow the step below:
- Find the Collection Master folder. By default, the Collection Master folder is located at
- Back up this entire folder.
|How can I back up my collections on a CD?|
To back up your collection to a CD, you need to have one of the CD writer software. The Windows XP comes with the CD writer software.
Aftar you launched the CD writer software, write the entire Collection Master folder to the CD. The Collection Master folder is located at |
For Windows XP user, right click on the Collection Master folder and select Send To -> (your CD drive)